May 14, 2013

Fantasy Business Team (Portfolio)

Picture Courtesy : Puriwaves
Fantasy  or dream teams exist in all forms of game like Baseball, Football, Cricket etc.  Everyone gets to choose their best players from various teams and bet on it.  If someone asks me to pick my fantasy team of business on similar lines,  I would pick these 11 businesses which forms my Fantasy Business Team.  These businesses would be evergreen with each member having longevity like Sachin Tendulkar.

These are companies that operate in various industries and operate with considerable moat.  When I have this fantasy team, I can just stop looking at the market and go on a cruise without worrying what would happen to them.  I will know for sure that in 10 years or 20 years, they would have added significant value than most of the investments.


Fantasy Team

Sun TV  (Media)
Asian Paints  (Paint)
Titan  (Jewelry and Watches)
CRISIL (Ratings and Consultancy)
Sun Pharma  (Pharma)
TCS (IT)
HDFC Bank (Banking and Finance)
Nestle (Consumer Goods)
Colgate (Consumer Goods)
Page Industries (Inner Wear)
TTK Prestige (Cookware)

Unfortunately, I am not the only one that knows this.  Market knows this as well and that is the reason it prices it so high that the purchase at that price will not add sufficient value.  So far, I have been able to accumulate to some extent only Sun TV and HDFC Bank when they were available at reasonable prices.  I had significant holding in CRISIL which I sold for a silly reason (my mind went on vacation that time) which I will cover in some other post.   I may or may not end up with this fantasy team depending on whether they are available at sensible price or not.  However, I will always wait with open arms (and some free cash hopefully) to add them  to my fantasy team.  Hope it happens soon.  Until then it would just remain that - FANTASY!!.
What is your fantasy team?  Feel  free to share your fantasies (only businesses please) J.

No comments: